Monday 28 July 2008

London Summer Sling Show

Wow it has been a while hasn't it. Life with a mobile toddler suddenly seems very busy! Emma has gone from cruising round the furniture being too scared to let go, to running about like a mad thing in just a few weeks! She did have her first nasty tumble the other day though, and is now sporting a rather unfetching graze on her nose. I am sure this will be the first of many. :-(

Emma had her first trip to London yesterday, to the Summer Sling Show. It was great - we drove to Shepherds Bush and took the tube from there, which she really loved. Her face lit up every time we got to a station! She was very well behaved.

The sling show was great - loads of stalls, and I met lots of people that I chat to on forums which was lovely. Here are a few photos...

Meeting Beatrice from Didymos. This was quite exciting! :-) I was gearing myself up to sell the wrap I am wearing here, but Beatrice was very sweet and seemed very happy to see Emma fast asleep all snuggled up in there. So now I think I have to keep it!















Trying on a Grisefanten mei tai in the park.

























Lunch in the park... lovely, although Emma did almost have her first taste of cigarette butts. I managed to get it off her just in time!















Trying a colibri mei tai in the park. These aren't made any more, which is such a shame because I think this is the most comfy mei tai I have ever tried on!

























Trying a Vatanai Pamir wrap. This is the last wrap on my wish list, and now that I have tried it on for real I reeeeeeeally want one! It might not look that fancy, but it is so beautifully hand woven, and it has the exact right amount of stretch and bounce to it. It was insanely comfortable, and Emma loved it too!






















Back at home again, Emma had her first taste of profiteroles! They were (as expected) a big hit!

1 comment:

Hyacynth said...

Hello from a fellow bwing mama!
Just came across your blog, and it was really interesting to see the pics you posted of some of the more HTF carriers. I've never seen anyone wearing a Colibri before -- just seen a few FS on thebabywearer. It's very pretty. =)
The London sling show looks like it was a lot of fun!
Hyacynth =)