Tuesday 1 April 2008

All moved in!

Phew - we did it! The move is over. Four boxes are left to be unpacked - mostly books, but I have run out of shelves. (I wonder how they all fitted on there in the first place!)

I was sad to leave Godalming, and the beautiful house that we were in, but this new house is great for us. We have plenty of room, and a fantastic garden. Roll on summer! It is so much lighter than any other house I have lived in, which makes such a nice change. Emma seems to be settling in really well. She has been so good about the move - she hasn't had sleeping problems, and seems to think it is all brilliant. Its like we are on holiday, but we brought all her toys with us! (Before you ask, she is still not walking on her own! But she is chattering to anything that will listen! Everything is nana this and nana that at the moment!)

I am starting to find my way around Abingdon now. It is a small town - just the right size for me - and it is easy to get to Oxford on the bus if I want to do proper shopping. Tomorrow I am off to the Oxford slingmeet, and then hopefully will be going to an NCT group later in the week. Brett started his new job today, and that seemed to go well. :-)

Anyway, now that we are back to normal, I will start doing more frequent posts and photos again soon. :-)

1 comment:

Isil Simsek said...

Hiya Cath,
glad all went so well.I love bright houses ;)
sorry,we couldn't make it to the last meeting as D. hadn't sleep well that night.
Cheers,