Wednesday 20 February 2008

Thanks, but I will do it myself

I have been really trying to encourage Emma to use a spoon at the moment. However, the only thing she will use it for is yogurt. I normally load the spoon with yogurt, and give the spoon to Emma. Then, she either picks the yogurt up off the spoon and licks her fingers, drops the spoon on the floor, splats it down on her tray, or just eats it. She is getting better every time though!

Another recent development is a new favourite game of putting stuff in boxes. I keep finding little toys inside her stacking cups, and she has a noah's ark with loads of animals to put in it that she got for her birthday which she adores.


So, I thought I would put these two skills together. I loaded the spoon with yogurt, and gave it to Emma. She ate the yogurt, and wanted to give the spoon back to me. But I told her to put it back in the pot, and she did! She can't reload the spoon yet, but it is a big step in the right direction.


Its funny how such little things make me so proud!


3 comments:

emmas nana said...

hey emma

applause, applause please.

Laura McIntyre said...

Yah Emma and such a cute idea, sure she will get the spoon thing soon enough. Eilidh was similar around that age but the last few weeks have noticed she suddenly became a spoon expert , well if you think how many kids this age are still getting spoon fed mush (i know my first was) then she is miles ahead of the pack :)

grandma said...

the box with rose quartz was quite educational by the sounds of it, well done emma lovely mess!!