Monday 6 August 2007

Brocolli and carrot - don't over cook

Emma is 6 months old today! Where has the time gone??


Today I thought we had better start with vegetables rather than fruit. I don't want to encourage a sweet tooth too soon! ;) So I boiled some carrot sticks and brocolli florets. It was not a great success, because I think I overcooked them. They just sort of disintegrated into mush when Emma tried to pick them up. She decided to wipe the mess off the tray and onto the floor for a laugh. Thank goodness for laminate floors!


I remembered the bib this time, but it was pointless. She managed to wipe brocolli underneath it, so her top is covered in green gunk anyway. Hey ho - practise makes perfect.

Later in the day I tried some banana. It was very ripe though, and just slid out of her hands. So she mashed it into the tray instead of eating it. Looked like fun, but was not exactly what I had in mind!

So today was not a very successful eating day. But it is only day two, and we are both learning!

No comments: