Friday 17 August 2007

Getting to grips with cucumber

In case you hadn't noticed from earlier posts, I am not a big fan of cucumber. I think it is soggy and makes everything that it goes near taste of blandness. But it seems like a good food for Emma, so I am adding it to my lunchtime salads, but just giving it all to her!


At first, she was not sure, and gave it quite a bit of consideration. It just doesn't mush into her tray/face/hair in a pleasing way like nice banana does....





Then she decided that looking out of the window was more fun than eating cucumber...
Later in the day we went to visit a friend of mine. She did some dips and crudites. I sat Emma on my knee, and offered her cucumber again. This time, there was no stopping her! I am pleased - it seems like a food that will both teach her about eating, and help with her teething pain.

No comments: