Wednesday 29 August 2007

Ladies that lunch

We had a lovely time today! We went out with my friend Laura for lunch. We used to go out for lunch all the time when Emma was younger. It was easy, because she used to just sleep in the sling. But these days, nothing annoys her more than sitting still while I eat! Laura found this little pancake house, which is smoke-free, child friendly, and had high chairs. And to make it even better, it is in the 9 straatjes area, so great for window shopping. Perfect!

After all that planning, it turned out that Emma was asleep in the sling when we arrived. But after a while she woke up and went in the highchair. It was a bit big for her, but she managed really well. I had brought some tomatoes and cucumber for her, but she was more interested in my pancake. Well, it is essentially the same as Yorkshire pudding I suppose! Laura has some photos. I will put them up when I get a copy.

In not so nice news, Emma has got a really nasty rash on her cheeks and chin. When I took her to the baby clinic last week, they commented on a few spots around her mouth and said she is using her dummy too much. (She doesn't actually use one at all). But it has really flared up in the last few days and looks sore, so I took her to the doctors. They think it is eczema, but it could be an allergic reaction. They have given me some cream to sooth it. It is about as potent as Vaseline, so nothing too serious at the moment which is good. Fingers crossed that it helps, because it does look sore. I am going to take her food intake back to real basics for a few days. I am sure that covering her chops in tomato juice and mango is not helping. So, she had better get ready for some boring meals... Poor mite - it looks like she has inherited my super sensitive skin. :(

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Poor Emma, my eldest has sensitive skin to and its so unfair -no nice bath products for her. Hope you find out the cause soon