Friday 31 August 2007

Dried fruit

My dad came over yesterday, and we took Emma out for the afternoon. She showed off her new eating skills before he left, and I felt so proud! I had a bad night though, and felt really ill from out of nowhere. My temperature was high, and everything was achy - like the start of flu. I didn't get a lot of sleep. Emma woke us up by howling at 6am because she had wiggled out of her blankets to the top of the cot, stuck her foot out of the rails and got all in a bit of a tangle. I thought today was going to be a very bad day...

But I was wrong! Emma went back to sleep next to me. When she woke up, she amused herself for ages by playing with her toes very quietly so I got a bit more rest. I eventually managed to drag myself out of bed, still feeling pretty crappy, and made a little nest for us in the living room with toys, drinks, and remote controls. She has been good as gold, playing by herself and letting me rest.

For lunch, I needed something which involved absolutely no work, so went for dried fruit again. This time she couldn't get enough of it, and seemed to really love the dried apricots in particular. This is a bit of a breakthrough, because it means that I have some food options that are easy to transport if we are going out somewhere.

Lets hope she stays this good for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Hope your feeling better and Emma continued to be good to mummy. Being sick is extra worse since having kids, miss the days of lying around feeling sorry for myself