Tuesday 28 August 2007

Tomatoes, sandwiches, and dried fruit

We have been trying breakfast for the past couple of days, but it is not really going anywhere. Emma is such a sleepyhead in the mornings, and likes to go for a nap just an hour after she wakes up in the morning. So when I put her in the highchair she just kind of sits there with sleepy eyes looking like she would rather be anywhere else but there. I'll keep trying though - my feeling is that if I can get her to eat brekkie then she will stay awake for a bit longer in the morning.

For lunch today, she had half a big tomato. She loved to suck the seeds and flesh out until just the skin was left. She is so clever! I had falafel for lunch, so I broke a piece of pita off and smothered it in philadelphia. She really liked that too. I don't think much of the bread was eaten - it was just a bit of a soggy mess by the time she had finished licking all the philly off!



I went to the health food shop to buy some dried fruit today - dates, dried apricots and dried apples. She didn't seem interested in them, but I will keep trying. They are ideal for sticking in my handbag when we go out.

I had a bit of a domestic goddess/supermum moment today when I actually found time to cook up a batch of Yorkshire puddings to freeze for her suppers. The lengths I will go to in order to avoid packing is amazing! (Only 3 weeks to go till we move house...)

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

My eldest was always a morning sleep head to and now at 2 still naps from about 9.30 - 11.30 , i love hearing how she done with her meals - i feel like i have no imagination reading these blogs