Sunday 16 September 2007

Yorkshire Pudding disclaimer

A few friends of mine have questioned Emma's love of Yorkshire Puddings because they can be rather fattening. So I thought I would do a bit of a disclaimer about it for those that are wary! I make them myself, so I know that they are really not that bad.

I heat the oven to about 190 degrees, and put in a well muffin tray. I put a tiny wee bit of olive oil into each bun holder (don't know what else to call them, but that sounds wierd) and put it in the oven to warm up. Then I whisk up 3oz flour, 1 egg, 3 fluid oz water and 2 fluid oz milk. When the muffin tray is hot, I put the batter in, and stick it in the oven for about 25 mins. There is nothing to it, and they are really really not that fattening made this way, so I really recommend them!



3 comments:

Leo said...

That sounds healthy! I think the batter is extra nutritious and tastes extra good if you use beer in it, too. If you want to use your Yorkshire puddings to fatten Emma up you could try serving them Nigella style and add golden syrup and cream. Mmmmmm

Laura McIntyre said...

Must have missed this post, thats how i make them to. Plus babies need fat in there diet, we try to add some whenever we can

rachel said...

Fat's all good in our house...especially with a teeny one who could do with a bit of fattening up...however being in proper Yorkshire I make mine with dripping....less good for the arteries maybe but so delicious once in a while