Monday 15 October 2007

Forgotton Broccoli

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Broccoli is (in my humble opinion) one of the most vile foods known to mankind. And to make it even worse, it makes everything near it smell and taste like broccoli too. Don't even get me started on how it makes other veg cooked in the same pot taste. Trouble is, Emma loves it! Because of my broccoli loathing, I don't tend to cook it very often. I mean, why bother cooking something that you have absolutely no intention of eating? One of the best things about baby led weaning is that you can feed the baby whatever you are eating. :-)

So anyway... I was thinking today that Emma has not had much in the way of green veggies recently. I eat a lot of peas and beans, but they are too small for her and I worry about her choking. For dinner tonight I cooked chicken in a tomato and courgette sauce with pasta. I gave the same to Em, but also boiled up some of the dreaded broccoli for her.

I wish I liked it as much as she does! I don't know what it is about it that she loves so much, but I suspect it must be the colour. It certainly can't be the taste. But I get the feeling I am going to have to come to terms with this dislike, get over it, and cook it more often! Here she is trying to get two bits in at once!

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

LOL You know i felt exactly the same way about broccii but during my 2nd pregnany while at a wedding i somehow had to taste the little on my plate and craved it the rest of the pregnancy. Now is still love it and eat it alot