Tuesday 9 October 2007

What is the point?

Yesterday, I thought I would be a bit more creative with Emma's dinner. I had some "flash mash" (mashed potatoes with parmesan and spring onions) left over in the fridge. So, for lunch I added some tuna and some cooked mashed carrots. Then I formed them into tiny fish cakes, coated them in breadcrumbs, and fried them in a tiny bit of olive oil. They were absolutely lovely!
















However, Emma had other ideas, and turned them straight back into mash again. So all the faffing with forming nice cakes, coating in breadcrumbs and frying them was for nothing. I might as well have mixed it all together and dumped it on her tray! Oh well - should have known really shouldn't I! :-)

1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

LOL It sounds like my kids, i have some great cook books which involve shaping/decorating foods in fun ways but i refuse to spend the extra time doing it when noone will appreciate it