Friday 2 November 2007

Drying up

Now the problem with posting every single day, is finding something to write about on those days when absolutely nothing has happened! The thing about being a stay at home mum is that sometimes the highlight of my day is a walk down the road to the post office. That is not really the kind of stuff that people want to read about.

Don't get me wrong - I am so happy that I made the decision to become a stay at home mum. Before Emma arrived I was really driven by my career. (Some would even say I was obsessive about it!) Most people were really surprised by my sudden decision not to return to work. But even though there is the odd boring day, I am still really pleased that I made this choice. I realised early on that these first months are so precious, and there is no way of getting them back. My career obsessiveness would have made it very difficult to spend enough quality time with Em, so really it was a very easy choice to make.

That still doesn't answer my question though does it? What to write about when I am having a dull day...

Well the whole reason I started this blog was as a resource for parents who want to follow baby led weaning. There is not a whole lot of information about it out there, and I found it really helpful to read other people's blogs about it. Over time, it has kind of developped into more of a blog about my family life, but I still like to focus on Emma's dinner. (If you have seen how much she enjoys it then you will understand why!) So there we go - I will post up BLW friendly recipes when I am all out of other ideas!

Not that today was a quiet day... Amanda came down from Scotland to visit. She has 3 beautiful girls of her own, so she knows exactly how to handle Emma. This was the first time I had seen her since Emma was born, and it was so nice to be able to talk to her about motherhood, and really understand what she means. oooo and she brought presents too, which Emma loved!

No comments: