Monday 26 November 2007

Personality development

I have noticed that Emma's personality is really developing at the moment. A few things have caught my eye.

I take her to a baby singalong at the local library every week. The first time we were there, she saw another little girl sitting up and playing with some sleigh bells. She was really interested. Eventually, she rolled over to the little girl, pushed her over, took the bells, and rolled back to me. I was so embarrassed!! At the weekend we had a meet up of a few mums who all post on the same parenting forum as me. We all had our babies in the same month. I thought Emma was quite chunky for her age, but next to these other babies she was tiny! This time, she saw a little boy with a toy she liked the look of. She waited until he looked away for a moment, rolled over to him, sneakily stole the toy and rolled back to me with it. Devious little monkey! She certainly knows how to get what she wants.

Another thing I noticed recently is that Emma really loves to be the centre of attention. At the library singalong, she bounces along with me, beaming at all the other mothers and babies, cooing at every bit of attention that is lavished on her. Today, I hosted my first slingmeet and had a house full of toddlers. Emma was the youngest by quite a long way. She was so good, and was happy to play along with the other children. At one point, she and another girl were playing with a doll. Emma would wave the doll about, and the other little girl would kiss its head. Emma started to copy her after a while. It was so sweet to see her playing with someone else! :-)

So... is she going to be a selfish little madam who pushes kids over to get a toy, or a sweet little baby who loves to share and play with other kids... I can't wait to find out! But which ever way it goes, I can see her still liking to be the centre of attention as she grows up - she doesn't seem to have a shy bone in her body at the moment!




2 comments:

Isil Simsek said...

Hi,
just came across your blog through Sling Meet.I missed the meeting, hopefully next time.
You have a gorgeous baby girl ;)

Laura McIntyre said...

Emma sounds adorable, i love watching them become real people instead of just babies. Eilidh was always a bully at that age and would pull and annoy other children, that was only a phase though and she is now diffrent. I just don't think they understand at this point