Wednesday 14 November 2007

Bolognese

As promised yesterday, here is the mess created on Emma by pasta bolognese. If you look really closely you can see her teeth too! (She only has two - at the bottom. But I am pretty sure by her recent desire to chew everything in sight that there will be some more along soon).

















I have only recently started to feed really messy stuff like this to Emma. Before then, if I was cooking bolognese, or casserole or something, I would cook the meat, take some out for Emma, then finish it off for me and Brett. But now I just give Emma what we are having. It is so much easier and gives her a lot more variety. It also makes me think more about what I am eating too. If I am going to give my food to Emma, then I want to make sure it is healthy and low in salt and additives.

My mum came over to visit this afternoon. We had macaroni cheese with broccoli for lunch. Yes - I know I have done whole posts purely about how much I detest broccoli, but hear me out! I was told that if a baby is fussy about a particular type of food, then you should offer it again and again. After ten times they will normally eat it. So I thought I would try the same thing on myself! Actually, the broccoli taste was completely masked by the lovely cheesiness, so it was fine. Emma seemed to really like it too. Mum and I talked a lot about Emma's eating habits, and she was really complimentary about the BLW path that I chose to follow. This means a lot to me. It has taken time and perseverance, but it really has worked out well and now I have a really healthy happy baby who will eat almost anything that is on her plate (as long as it is not banana or porridge).


1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Messy food can be fun, we have lost so many clothes that way though.

Its what i loved about the BLW, as we had already changed our eating habits with our first our meals were already home made and healthy so we did't even have to change a thing just feed her the stuff we were eating.

Good luck on eating more broccill