Thursday 8 November 2007

Ten photos for ten years

For a change, my post today is not about Emma! It is a post about my wonderful husband Brett. I realised today that we have been together for 10 years, and if that is not worth a post in its own right then I don't know what is. (We don't actually know the exact date that we got together, just that it was around the start of November 1997).

So, here are 10 photos to tell the story of our life over the last 10 years:

Back in the late '90s we were both a couple of goths. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on your point of view!!) I don't have any digi photos from back then. So my first photo is from July 1999 at Cath and Ian's wedding. Check out the hair extentions!! lol :-)




















In April 2000 we went to the Netherlands to stay with my Dad for a long weekend. It was Brett's first trip to NL, and it coincided with Queens Day. Here is Brett looking rather chilled out on a terrace. It was quite a pivotal holiday for us - we moved to Amsterdam in November the same year!















In August 2002 we got married at the Amstelkerk in Amsterdam. Here we are leaving the church. I love how chuffed I look in the first photo. I have a husband, a beer, a ciggy a wicked dress and my mate Cath is holding a brolly for me. How much better does it get?? ;-)
The second photo with my sister Anna (my bridesmade) and Pete (the best man).
















And off we went on honeymoon to Thailand. It was the most wonderful place, and someday I would love to go back there. We seem to look progressively more sunburned as the holiday photos go on!



















Married life was great. We had a lovely little apartment in Amsterdam, and both worked together at UUNET. Some people found it weird that we worked together, but actually it was really good. We were not in the same department, but when our paths did cross professionally we worked really well together. Brett left the company the next year, and I left in 2004. We both ended up working together yet again, this time at the RIPE NCC. This time we were working a lot more closely (but still different departments). It worked out fine though, and I really enjoyed it.

So, married life continued... we got ourselves a lovely cat called Tegan in 2005. She is still in Amsterdam, and I miss her terribly. Hopefully she will be able to move over here soon.
















And then finally, in Feb 2007, Emma came along and changed us from a happy couple to a loving family. The first photo was taken at the hospital just after Emma was born, and the second one was in August.

















And thats it!! Here we are ten years later - older, more sensible hair, slightly wider waist line, back in the UK again, but very very happy. xxx

No comments: