Tuesday 6 November 2007

Overtired in pictures

Before I became a parent, I didn't really get the concept of kids being "overtired". Well, Emma is now the overtired queen. About once a week she goes on nap strike all day, and then decides she wants to sleep at exactly 6pm (dinner time). After fighting her way through dinner she will normally then be grumpy at bath time and a nightmare to get to bed. Like most kids (I now know!) she gets so tired that she is all tensed up, and it makes it difficult for her to get to sleep.

Well what would you know it - today was a nap strike day! I actually did manage to get her to sleep this morning, but only for about 15 mins so I don't think that really counts. I was fully expecting a difficult time from her this evening, and Brett is out for the night.

OK - when I say "a difficult time" I really shouldn't moan - Emma is really such a good happy little soul most of the time. So I am a bit oversensitive when she gets grumpy from time to time!

Anyway, here is how the evening panned out in pictures:

6pm. Dinner time. Yum yum.

















6.05pm. Still having dinner. But we have given up on actually eating anything now, and are just having a laugh.

















6.06pm. Well that didn't last long did it!

















So we went and got bathed and ready for bed...


6.45pm. zzzzzz

















Ahhhhh bless her. She normally goes to bed at about 7.30!

I think I spoke too soon though - it is now 8.30pm and she has woken up. I think maybe this is going to be a long night... wish me luck!

No comments: